What's the fastest you've gone in your FIT? - Page 2 - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #16
thinkhard

Brand new car, so I haven't pushed the limits of the engine yet. Perhaps after the first oil change.
thinkhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #17
lilfunky1

I normally turn on the cruise control around 120km/h. Don't want to get a ticket.
Ontario laws on speeding and "road racing" are absurd and I definitely don't need the hassle.

Haven't done any long road trips though, I'd probably try to push to 140km/h... not sure if I'd be comfortable going much faster.
lilfunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
fitmania

110 mph for me.
fitmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #19
Cryo

Default Z rated tire's ? (J/K)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitjunior View Post
I've gone 140 on a stretch of highway at night when there was literally no cars around. I wanted to be safe and not endanger others so I did this at late late night and in an area I knew that is not driven so often around this time.

I was pretty surprised at how stable the car felt at 140. I wouldn't do this on a regular basis at all but hey, I had to know.
130mph and still pulling, provided no one was looking. Just the desert, cold air, "new brakes" and a vehicle that sans a little tightening on the ole spring rate could easily do much better with just a little squirt of happy gas. The engine was rebuilt after knee high water met with the intake (which was below knee ). Slightly larger pistons and some awesome work by H&R Racing make triple digits an easy target. Unfortunately this is So. Cal. and most the time is spent below 10mph. 4 years, 90k and yet I still love this vehicle. Yes, maybe foolish, but the only damage would have been to the rocks and sand for they now would have the pinkish hue we Honda owners know as "Milano Red".
Its a "Fit". Drive it like ya stole it. Kudos Honda, kudos.
Cryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #20
luminous

Send a message via AIM to luminous Send a message via Yahoo to luminous

The most I've done is probably between 85-90mph. I'm curious, for those of you going about that same speed or higher, which gear does your car kick into then? At 85mph mine is usually on 3rd gear.
luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #21
nafi

170 Km
nafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
Wardclub

Default Fast

105+ on Hwy 93 south of Kingman, Arizona on our way home from Las Vegas. We were cruising along at about 75 and a pack of high dollar BMWs, Mercedes, audi, and a couple of other vehicles blew through, so we hopped into the middle. That stretch of highway is a divided 4 lane mountain road with lots of roller coaster turns and our car stuck like glue. We have the sport model, bone stock. The only complaint was it was underpowered on some of the uphill sections. Other than that I felt like a kid at a go kart track.
Wardclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #23
geego2006

2004 1.3 fit 170km & 160 km regularly
geego2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
timeH4AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardclub View Post
105+ on Hwy 93 south of Kingman, Arizona on our way home from Las Vegas. We were cruising along at about 75 and a pack of high dollar BMWs, Mercedes, audi, and a couple of other vehicles blew through, so we hopped into the middle. That stretch of highway is a divided 4 lane mountain road with lots of roller coaster turns and our car stuck like glue. We have the sport model, bone stock. The only complaint was it was underpowered on some of the uphill sections. Other than that I felt like a kid at a go kart track.
I hit 110 MPH in my Fit Sport on the way back to Mesa from Vegas. A little KIA Rio wanted to give me a go. like he said this thing is like a go kart and hugs the road around the bends. felt safe at an unsafe speed!
timeH4AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #25
Adrien

Well I did 190 MPH once on my partner cruiser just to see, what it would do a bit of a down mountain awesome bit, of end breeze she didn't really proper care too much for that on her car so I haven't tried since.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #26
yeyao8513

Me too, 140km/h
yeyao8513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement