06 Fit, ?Air flow meter problem - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #1
mel.b

Default 06 Fit, ?Air flow meter problem

I have a 2006 Fit, automatic, around 155,000km done.

Last year it started to have this jerk or momentary loss of power while driving. Most typically it would happen while accelerating after coming out of a roundabout or similar at around 2000revs. Almost like you had a bad manual driver in the car.

The garage couldn't find anything with the gear box. At the same time I has having the juddering on take off so they flushed the auto gear oil which has made that a lot better (although not perfect). It also solved the loss of power for a short while, but it is back. At the same time they also replaced the spark plugs.

I took it back to the garage and they discovered that the air flow meter (?monitor) was unplugged. They plugged that back in and the car is certainly running and sounding better, but still having this problem, but now not always at 2000revs (sometimes higher or lower). Took it back to the garage (as shock tops need replacing) to let them know that the problem is still there and they have told me that the air flow meter (or monitor?) needs replacing.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to their car and did replacing the air flow meter fix the issue? Is there something else that should be looked at? The fuel economy has also gotten bad - I used to be able to get 600km before the light would come on, now I'm getting around 510km, so a significant difference.
mel.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
Sono

Have you checked the TPS if it is equipped with one?
Sono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement