Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums - View Single Post - What do people see in the honda fit?
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 08:01 PM   #3
daplanner

Thumbs up All a Matter of Personal Taste

Seriously, like movies and food, cars are all a matter of personal taste. My wife and I loved our 2007 Fit. We were heartbroken when the clutch went after 12 years and it would cost more to fix than the car was worth.

Since Honda was refusing -- and still refuses -- to sell the hybrid Fit in the USA, we wound up with a Toyota Prius which we cannot wait to replace with a hybrid Fit -- if only Honda would sell it here like it has been doing in the rest of the world for half a decade or longer. While we like the gas mileage we're getting with the Prius, the car is too damned big (17 inches longer than a Fit) with too many blind spots een with all the safety features.

If Honda has the good sense to bring the real 2020 Fit to the USA that it is selling in the rest of the world (the 2020 Fit sold in the USA is just the 2019 pretty much relabeled), we'll be among the first in line to buy one (like we were with the 2007 Fit back in spring 2006) -- even if it isn't the hybrid.

After 40 years of driving small Hondas, I can tell you that we liked the Fit's size and versatility. It can get into parking spaces we can no longer get into with the Prius - really important in an urban area. The multiple configurations of the back seat (Magic seat) enabled us to put more cargo in it that you could imagine. The Fit now has a right turn camera -- what I wouldn't give for one in the Prius whose very wide "A" pillars around the front window block your view when turning.

The manual transmission Fit was a blast to drive - and it comfortably held 5 adults of average size. And we loved having a Honda dealer for service 12 minutes away (the closest Toyota dealer is 25-30 minutes away), Toyota service is even more expensive than Honda service, and they don't treat you as well as our Honda dealer did. And I've long been a sucker for hatchbacks, going back to my first Honda, a 1979 Accord (when the Accord was smaller than today's Civic).

To my personal taste, the current iteration of the Fit is gorgeous and I'm coming around to like the totally redesigned real 2020 Fit that's sold everywhere but in the USA. Reviews report the real 2020 Fit is the best ever built with the most comfortable drive; really comfortable redesigned wider, but thinner seats; and the highest Fit gas mileage yet.

But again, it's all a matter of personal taste.
daplanner is offline   Reply With Quote