2007 Fit transmission issue - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
vmax84

Default 2007 Fit transmission issue

Hi. New guy here. Having an issue with my Fit transmission, and am hoping somebody can help me.

160,000 miles on the car. Been a good little car. But lately, at highway speeds (70mph or so) and in top gear, the transmission feels like it wants to downshift.

It only happens when I'm going down a small grade in the highway, where I have to let off the throttle just a smidge to hold 70mph, and the transmission will occassionally feel like the torque converter (if it has one.....it's a cvt.....I think) unlocks for a second. Gives a small jolt and then it drives normally.

When I accelerate, or add more throttle to pull a small hill and hold 70mph, the transmission is fine.......it's only when I let off the throttle slightly is where it acts up.

My car has the "paddle shifters" on the steering wheel, however, I hardly ever use them.

Shift solenoid issue?
vmax84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2019, 02:29 AM   #2
garfy2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax84 View Post
Hi. New guy here. Having an issue with my Fit transmission, and am hoping somebody can help me.

160,000 miles on the car. Been a good little car. But lately, at highway speeds (70mph or so) and in top gear, the transmission feels like it wants to downshift.

It only happens when I'm going down a small grade in the highway, where I have to let off the throttle just a smidge to hold 70mph, and the transmission will occassionally feel like the torque converter (if it has one.....it's a cvt.....I think) unlocks for a second. Gives a small jolt and then it drives normally.

When I accelerate, or add more throttle to pull a small hill and hold 70mph, the transmission is fine.......it's only when I let off the throttle slightly is where it acts up.

My car has the "paddle shifters" on the steering wheel, however, I hardly ever use them.

Shift solenoid issue?

Is the "check engine" light on? If it was a "solenoid problem" the check engine light (aka MIL) would be on. Your car doesn't have a CVT; they only came out in 3rd generation Fits beginning 2015. If there is no check engine light on, does that light come on with key on, engine off? If not, the bulb may have burned out or something because the light should be on with the engine not running. Can't really tell you much more without more specific information about how it runs overall and whether the trans fluid is in good condition (when was the last time the fluid or the external trans filter was replaced?) Often in these types of forums, people fail to tell us "everything" because they think something is unrelated to the issues they have and oftentimes it is related, so anything that's out of the ordinary or not as it should be must be reported. Thanks!
garfy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement