locks keep locking - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
latham2033

Question locks keep locking

2011 Honda Fit Sport locks keep locking over and over. Does not unlock just keeps going through the lock process. Was going to start by replacing battery on the remote locking device? any other ideas or thoughts would be appreciated (car bought used 68000 miles)
latham2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
Stricker

2009 Fit. 220K miles. Same problem. Thinking of cutting the wires to the back door locks since I think they are the ones that keep locking and unlocking. It eventually stops. The dealer mentioned his sister had an old Honda of some sort with the same problem - but he didn't mention how to stop it. I imagine it costs a lot so thinking about wire cutting. Heck maybe a fuse can be removed. The noise drives me nuts. It isn't really locking and unlocking. Just clicking away.
Stricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
Stricker

I am thinking this happens a lot to older Honda cars. I imagine the dealer won't have a cheap fix. Comments anybody? I tend to think owners get rid of the high mileage Honda or they spend hours taking apart the doors. I saw a YouTube video of somebody doing it for such a problem and it was a HUGE job since it takes all sort of smarts to disassemble and reassemble. He had to take a bunch of pictures. Sure, he saved hundreds of dollars replacing these little dc motors but the time and effort was crazy. Hopefully, he had a second car to use during this 4 door operation. Heck, that is why I am thinking, cut the power to the locks.
Stricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement