Possible transmission issue? - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
david77

Default Possible transmission issue?

Hello everyone,

Okay, first off:

2008 Honda Fit (G1 standard/non-Sport) at ~128,000 miles, regularly taken in for maintenance and other oddball issues*

Yesterday morning, my check engine light came on. Okay, I'll take it to the shop. But then the "D" on the gear indicator started blinking at the same time, which I don't think I've gotten before. Skimming some Google and FitFreaks results suggest there's something up with the transmission. On the drive home, it also wouldn't shift up at speeds around 55mph, and just this morning it shuddered a bit on shifts getting up to speed from a stop.

So okay, it sure seems like a transmission issue. So I took it somewhere near work, and I think they said it was a sensor issue that'll require a rebuild to the tune of ~$2,700(!!!). As my wife points out, my car isn't even worth that much anymore.

Looking for a second opinion at this point before I do anything crazy and/or dumb. Also looking to just talk about it with someone receptive so I don't get goddamned heart palpitations.

*"No, I'm saying the seat latch isn't working. You know that little handle that unlocks the back seat so it can fold down? Yeah, that thing."
david77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019, 01:43 AM   #2
garfy2008

If you know someone who has a code reader, have him check what DTC is stored. The only problem I came across on automatic Fits thus far is a trans pressure switch on the top rear side of the trans, just behind the external trans fluid filter. Also, a popular local trans shop here with a very good reputation told me he has NEVER had a Fit automatic come in yet with problems that required overhauling/rebuilding. Just saying...
garfy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement