water leaks/spark plug issues - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
sunny333

Default water leaks/spark plug issues

Hi everyone. Im looking to buying a 2013 Honda Fit Base. I've read a lot of scary things online about water leaking from the doors and trunk area. I also heard lots of complaints about axles, airconditioner problems, and spark plug issues. Who wants to share their experience? Should I buy one?
sunny333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
hopespa

The 2013 Fit that i have has not leaked from doors or trunk, but is garaged overnight. It has 170,000 miles, with the spark plugs being the only problem. I would check each spark plug to see if they are seated, as mine were not even after having them done at the dealer. # 3 seems to be a problem with many makes of cars, not just the Fit. I Do not use the AC, and axles are good with no repairs. Battery was just replaced, and auto window motor done last year. Usual maintenance oil, transmission, etc.
hopespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:32 AM   #3
garfy2008

Default We're a "Fit family"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny333 View Post
Hi everyone. Im looking to buying a 2013 Honda Fit Base. I've read a lot of scary things online about water leaking from the doors and trunk area. I also heard lots of complaints about axles, airconditioner problems, and spark plug issues. Who wants to share their experience? Should I buy one?

The key is to have a good mechanic check it out thoroughly. My family owns 6 Fits, gen 1 and gen 2 (gen 1 is 2007-08; gen 2 is 2009-13; gen 3 is 2015 to current). We did have a problem with the '07 coils; known issue on 1st gen Fits. My family has '07 Base, '08 Sport, '09 Sport, '10 Sport, '12 Base and '12 Sport. The only one having a water leak near the driver's side is because of a rust through hole under the left front corner of the roof where the black plastic strip goes over. None of them have drive axle problems, all the A/C systems are original, blowing cold and never had anything replaced. The A/C only has refrigerant added every couple of years probably due to losses through the rubber hoses and the max charge on it is under 15 ounces so if you lose even a couple of ounces, it will affect cooling efficiency. Never had spark plug issues on any of these and the 2013 is a gen 2 model so it's identical to my '09 and up. All have original starter, alternator, water pump, etc. The '07 is the only one that has had spark plugs replaced yet although the '09 is due soon as it's just over 100,000 miles now. Hope this helps!
garfy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2019, 12:06 AM   #4
billybaub

I have a 2013 with 125000. The only problems I've had were replacing the check valve, and rotors. I took out the uncomfortable headrests in the front and back. I hate the van-like windows, but the car has been very dependable.
billybaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement