compatible obd2 devices - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
undersc0re

Default compatible obd2 devices

I have a 2014 honda fit, I am in Canada and I tried to reset or check the engine light with a cheap obd2 device ($20). It will not link no matter what sequence I try. It works fine on my Toyota. Anyhow, looking for advice on buying an obd2 device that will for sure work on this honda fit, I would also spend a little more to have it work on any other vehicle as well that I buy. I am willing to spend maybe $150 at most if it is super fancy, as in hooks up wirelessly to my laptop or iPhone and has great information.
undersc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
garfy2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by undersc0re View Post
I have a 2014 honda fit, I am in Canada and I tried to reset or check the engine light with a cheap obd2 device ($20). It will not link no matter what sequence I try. It works fine on my Toyota. Anyhow, looking for advice on buying an obd2 device that will for sure work on this honda fit, I would also spend a little more to have it work on any other vehicle as well that I buy. I am willing to spend maybe $150 at most if it is super fancy, as in hooks up wirelessly to my laptop or iPhone and has great information.

If you can find an Actron reader, they have one that displays not only generic codes but manufacturer specific codes as well (which you may need because if the vehicle only set a mfg-specific code, the generic one won't show anything). I saw one at Napa for about $150 that did the above plus showed data pids as well, and worked on ABS systems as well. They also have free updates from what I could tell on the packaging.

They have a model that works with your smartphone w/free app and it will give you all the above PLUS airbag codes as well.
garfy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement