2009 Fit AC problem - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
curtbizzy

Default 2009 Fit AC problem

When I am stopped at a red light the AC is really hot. I start to accelerate and it will stay hot UNTIL i let me foot off the gas. After that the aircon is crazy cold as long as I am going, but if I stop at a traffic light, it stats all over again.

I was think the idle kick up, but this is doing the opposite?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Curt
curtbizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
garfy2008

That's really strange. When you run your car, have you looked under the hood with the a/c on? You can do this in your driveway or something; when it's "hot" at a stop, just pull over and open the hood and look and see if (a) the compressor is running and (b) are both radiator cooling fans running. If the answer to any of these is "no", that's your problem. If the fans aren't both on, it won't be enough airflow through the condenser for the a/c to work properly. As for the a/c compressor shutting off when accelerating, that's "normal". Supposedly if you're half-throttle or more when accelerating, the computer shuts off the compressor until you're not accelerating as hard. This is so you don't have the drag of the compressor when trying to pass a vehicle, etc. so you have max acceleration.
garfy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement