106K on my 2009 Honda Fit Sport. - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
Stricker

Default 106K on my 2009 Honda Fit Sport.

Hi, I drive about 75 miles a day. Currently, around 106,000 miles on this guy. Bought it brand new in 2009. Both fog lights are now burned out and both have the lens cover cracked - one actually has a little hole. I was told the entire unit is replaced and not just the plastic cover since it is sealed on the rest of the plastic casing. Shoot. Oh well. It will look much better. I am hoping I can do it myself but it depends on how hard it is to reach screws or whatever holds it in and then to disconnect the old unit cable and attach it to the new one. Haven't bought anything yet. Need to look it over. This car is so great for parking!!! No major problems in all these miles. It can carry so much stuff! Hard to imagine what car would replace it when it eventually expires. I am going for 200,000 miles at least.
Stricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
Steve-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricker View Post
Hi, I drive about 75 miles a day. Currently, around 106,000 miles on this guy. Bought it brand new in 2009. Both fog lights are now burned out and both have the lens cover cracked - one actually has a little hole. I was told the entire unit is replaced and not just the plastic cover since it is sealed on the rest of the plastic casing. Shoot. Oh well. It will look much better. I am hoping I can do it myself but it depends on how hard it is to reach screws or whatever holds it in and then to disconnect the old unit cable and attach it to the new one. Haven't bought anything yet. Need to look it over. This car is so great for parking!!! No major problems in all these miles. It can carry so much stuff! Hard to imagine what car would replace it when it eventually expires. I am going for 200,000 miles at least.
I have an idea, replace it with a new updated Honda Fit!! Lol On another note it may be easier to just take the whole front bumper off to replace the fog lights. I just removed mine on my Mitsubishi and came to that conclusion. I know 2 different cars but same concept.
Steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
Stricker

Well, now I have about 220K miles. I think I did simply get new fog light units. I have been able to change the fog lights when they burn out so I am happy about that. It is very hard to change the headlights when they burn out - I gave up actually and usually have a gas station do it. Meanwhile, the current annoying problem are the door locks clicking away as I drive. It drives me nuts. I can park and it goes on for awhile and then stops. I was told a new Toyota Corolla has a much smoother ride for bumps and noise - better suspension obviously - so pondering this. It is great to have the hauling room but sick of road noise and now locks that are possessed.
Stricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement