Headlights - Honda Fit Forum : Honda Fit Forums
» Auto Insurance

FITOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Fit Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
Evfred

Default Headlights

I have a 2009 Fit Sport, and I've noticed that my headlights are getting dimmer and dimmer. I asked my mechanic if he could install brighter bulbs, but he said a brighter bulb would melt the plastic housing. He said he could do a procedure on the lens that should make the lights brighter, but the only alternative is to replace the headlight housing.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
Evfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2019, 11:34 PM   #2
[email protected]

Lenses clouding due to age, abrasion & sunlight do gradually and unsafely reduce illumination. Many ways to polish including kits in auto-parts stores or even toothpaste, but sealing with clearcoat or lacquer is critical to ensure longevity of the fix.
shamis@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:28 AM   #3
PhysAssist

Default Dulled or dim headlight solutions

Harbor Freight sells a headlight buffing kit to treat the UV surface dulling/yellowing that worked surprisingly well on our 2007 Fit's headlights for the very low price it cost us.

Also, even halogen lights get less bright over time, but there are LED headlight replacement bulbs- we bought ours from an Amazon vendor, and they're brighter than some OEM high beams I've used.

Be careful on the way they're oriented though, because if they're installed upside down, they'll less effective.

It happened to us after I hit a deer and the collision shop put one back in upside down.

Good luck!
PhysAssist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2019, 01:52 AM   #4
garfy2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysAssist View Post
Harbor Freight sells a headlight buffing kit to treat the UV surface dulling/yellowing that worked surprisingly well on our 2007 Fit's headlights for the very low price it cost us.

Also, even halogen lights get less bright over time, but there are LED headlight replacement bulbs- we bought ours from an Amazon vendor, and they're brighter than some OEM high beams I've used.

Be careful on the way they're oriented though, because if they're installed upside down, they'll less effective.

It happened to us after I hit a deer and the collision shop put one back in upside down.

Good luck!

Keep in mind that LEDs are polarity sensitive so if they're installed with reverse polarity, they won't work (unless they have a module that will allow you to connect it either way and it will direct the proper polarity to the LED elements).
garfy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement